Hospice Waikato provides a variety of specialised care services for people who are dying – supporting them, their families and carers through illness, death and bereavement. Hospice is a Charitable Trust founded in 1981 independent of any other organisation and administered by a Board of Trustees.
Hospice Waikato is financially supported through the generosity of individuals, community groups, businesses, trusts and foundations and the wider community.
Our services include:
- Hospice@Home – for Hamilton City, Ngaruawahia, Cambridge
- Rural Outreach – in the outer Waikato, working in partnership with the District Nurses
- Rainbow Place – our children and young peoples care facility
- Family Services – throughout illness and death including counselling for individuals and families
- 10 bed In-Patient Unit for Symptom Management, end of life and arranged respite
Click here to view more services
Referrals & Forms
Please click here to view our referral forms and other forms available to download.
Shorts for Hospice is back for 2016!
Life is too short to only wear shorts at the beach. It’s time to get your finest walk shorts, beach boardies or high fashion stunners out for the annual Shorts for Hospice fundraising campaign on Friday 4 March 2016. Last year Waikato businesses, schools and individuals raised over $16,000 to help patients and families and we are doing it again this year, which is why we need your help! Click here to register today!
Christmas is just around the corner…Now is the time to order your Christmas gifts and support the work of Hospice Waikato and Rainbow Place. Click here to find out more.
A special visitor at Rainbow Place
Hospice Waikato’s Rainbow Place was very lucky to recieve a special visitor on Saturday 12th April, Her Royal Highness Catherine Duchess of Cambridge. Click here to read about our special day.